Monday, November 16, 2009

Addendum on Driving

So I'm in Hanoi, and we got picked up from the airport by the hotel.  That was the first time I've ever had my name on a sign with someone waiting for me, which was kind of cool.

The drive into Hanoi was crazy.  Our driver was nuts, as all are (he had a dvd player in his car, and was watching music videos while driving), but then there was traffic... So he swerves behind a police car into the motorbike lane, and passes a good hour's worth of traffic!  And when we get to the bridge, police have put up barricades to stop people from getting on it.  The barricades are lifted, and when we get stuck behind traffic, we swerve into oncoming traffic, tailing a line of cars that are following a police car to beat the traffic.

I swear.  This place has to be experienced.  I think that they would be great at nascar, but maybe not, because there would be a whole hell of a lot more crashes.

So I guess they would be great at nascar then...

No comments: